Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The last training ride



What a gorgeous day to officially end the training phase of the Cape Epic! Spring has crept into the Bay Area the last few days with some record warm temperatures. The trails are drying out, wildflowers are popping up, the grass is green.... The last few rides in this new warm weather has me a bit concerned... the forecasts I have seen for Cape Town include temps up into the high eighties. Riding up Tam on Saturday in seventy four degrees felt almost uncomfortable from what I am used to. What is 90? 100? going to feel like... Us poor Northern Hemisphere riders will suffer a bit more than the rest I suppose.

Tomorrow is the day - 3pm I start the first test of endurance for the Cape Epic - getting there! I fly about 11 hrs direct to Frankfurt, have a 9 hr layover, then hop back on the plane for 12 more hours to Cape Town. I am a bit bummed that the whole flight over Africa is going to be at night... that would have been so cool to see the Sahara and all the jungles and savannas from the air.

I just checked out my totals onTrainingpeaks.com - here they are since the start of official Cape Epic training 12/4/2006:

209 hrs of workouts

2666 miles on the bike

I hope it's enough!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Jim.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home