Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Indian Summer training ride

View down towards Mill Valley, to Sausalito and SF


Rocky Ridge fire road


View towards Alpine Lake from Rocky Ridge fireroad

What a glorious fall day!! Though I was planning on heading into the office, I technically had the day off. With a perfect Indian Summer day shaping up the office plans went out the window. Hard to believe they have already been getting snow back East!! It was shorts and short sleeve riding weather - probably in the 70's.

My planned long ride ended up at 4hrs and 48 miles with a bit of climbing. As typical, I started out the front door (Sausalito) and headed North up the bike path to Mill Valley. From there I head up West Blythedale to Railroad Grade fireroad. This gradual climb takes you all the way up to West Point Inn and then on up to East Peak. From there I rode the paved road towards Mtn Theater where I turned off right on Rocky Ridge (I think) fire road and followed that down to Bon Tempe and Alpine Lakes. From there it was out the paved road towards Bolinas Fairfax Rd. I took a right down another fire road to 5 corners and then left on Concrete Pipeline out to Bolinas Fairfax - then took a right and headed down into Fairfax.

There were tons of people out enjoying the sun in Fairfax and San Anselmo today!

From Fairfax it was down the paved roads to San Anselmo, and Ross, then I headed back up onto the trails through Natalie Coffin Park and Phoenix Lake. Up Up Up again! The route from there was pretty traditional up to Alpine and Bon Tempe Lakes, around Bon Tempe, up Eldridge Grade, down to HooKooEkoo, across back to Railroad Grade, and then out to Panoramic Hwy and Mtn Home Inn. A little more road riding took me to Hwy 1 and Miwok Fireroad. Miwok leads up and over and down practically to the beach at Tennessee Valley. From there it was a short spin up the valley, back onto the bike path and home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home